Board of Directors Nomination Form
Healthy Minds Cooperative is an innovative health care cooperative that provides a variety of peer-based services to end-users of mental health services and their families. It also provides significant and meaningful input into the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of mental health services in Nova Scotia.
Healthy Minds Cooperative is a member owned and democratically controlled not-for-profit enterprise. Its shareholders are people who possess lived experience with mental illness, and/or an interest in the topic of mental health. Healthy Minds Cooperative is an independent, not-for-profit group that provides support to people who are living with mental illness or mental health issues, and their families by:
- Improving access to mental health services and support via consumer navigators and peer support.
- Providing education to support early intervention and to address stigma.
- Encouraging participation in the design, development and delivery of mental health services in Nova Scotia.
- Advocating on behalf of mental health consumers.
- Facilitating connections to community services.
The Co-op has identifies five areas of priorities:
- Better access to mental health services, supports, etc.;
- Public education regarding mental illness and brain disorders;
- More extensive participation of those with living experience in the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of mental health services;
- Providing peer support and advocacy services for end-users of mental health services and their families; and
- Developing better connections to existing community services.
Thank you for your interest in applying to join our Board. By doing so, you are making a commitment to community service. As a Board member, you will be asked to attend monthly Board meetings and serve on other Board committee(s) such as personnel, fundraising, risk management, finance, planning or governance. Candidates must demonstrate community leadership, and posses an interest in mental health with the ability to think strategically.
Nominee Contact Information
Please email any additional documentation you feel may be appropriate. Examples can include resumes or reference letters. These can be submitted via email to our Executive Director, Lynn Yetman: email@example.com or to Joel Maxwell, Board Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Board Member of Healthy Minds Cooperative. New Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting held in June of each year; interim appointment may be made by the Board of Directors until the Annual General Meeting.